“Ouch” It’s midnight and you are awakened by a horrific pain shooting through your big toe. The throbbing toe is red and swollen and feels as if it’s on fire. If you or a loved one can relate to this experience, chances are likely that you suffer from gout. Numerous questions plagued your mind like “Can I survive another night with this pain?”….so we narrowed down your most important questions on gout and answered them! What is gout? What are the symptoms of gout? What causes gout? Am I at risk for gout? Keep reading to begin your road to recovery. And guess what, it could be only 2 hours away!
What is gout?
Simply put, gout is a form of arthritis that often occurs in the middle of the night. Often labeled the ‘disease of kings’ gout haunts over 2 million Americans annually. Gout is also known as the most painful types of arthritis. Gout results when needle-like crystals of uric acid form in the body’s connective tissue or lodge themselves in the space between two bones or joints. These uric acid crystals inflame the surrounding area and lead to gout’s symptoms: Heat, Pain, Redness, Stiffness, Swelling, Arthritis attacks that develop in short time period (e.g., 12-24 hours), and Arthritis Attacks to one joint. Typical joints affected by gout include: elbows, fingers, heels, instep, and wrists. To view some photos of gout sufferers please click, Photos of Gout. Unfortunately, this is not all of the symptoms. Gout can also cause high blood pressure and kidney stones if left untreated. These symptoms can also be life-threatening if left untreated. But why do I suffer?
The Cause of Gout
To answer what causes gout? We need to understand how uric acid appears in the body. You see, uric acid is actually a byproduct of a very necessary part of your body’s normal function. However, gout sufferers often have higher levels of uric acid (called hyperuricemia) caused from the body’s inability to break down the uric acid. The uric acid is typically eliminated from the body through the urine. If, however, you suffer from gout, the build up of uric acid crystals can find their way to joint spaces where they will cause painful inflammation that appear as lumps under the skin and can even disrupt the functioning of the kidney and cause the formation of kidney stones. Gout can cause serious damage quickly, it is extremely important that you treat your gout immediately.
Who’s at risk for Gout?
Why could you be suffering from the horrific pain of gout? There could be various factors but here is what typically increases uric acid in the blood causing the gout.
1. Lifestyle: From eating to drinking to weight, your lifestyle – particularly your diet – can greatly affect your chances of getting gout.
2. Alcohol: More than two drinks a day for men and one drink a day for women – can quickly lead to gout. Especially, stay away from beer.
3. Overweight: People who weigh 30 pounds or more than their model weight risk getting gout simply because there is more tissue available for breaking down the uric acid. Diets rich in purine food can also increase your chances for gout. For more information, please check out link to get to our gout report.
4. Medical Conditions: Various medical conditions can also increase your chances of gout. Do you have any of the following: high blood pressure (hypertension), diabetes, hyperlipidemia (high levels of fat or cholesterol in blood), arteriosclerosis (narrowing of the arteries), recent surgery or bed rest, and recent chemotherapy?
5. Medications: Are you currently on any of the following medications which may cause gout: diuretics (for hypertension, edema and heart disease), anti-inflammatory medicines with salicylic acid (such as aspirin), niacin (also called nicotinic acid) and a few others. It is noted, please do not stop taking these medications before talking with your doctor.
6. Family History: One out of every four people afflicted with gout have a family history with gout.
7. Age and Sex: Men are most often affected with gout as well as women who have reached menopause. Men typically develop gout between the ages of 30 and 50.
Understanding what places you at risk of the disease is an important step in taking control of your health and life. Gout can be naturally treated or be deadly in some cases. So that brings up the question, how do you treat gout naturally?
A Home-Remedy for Gout?
What would you give to cure your gout symptoms in 2 hours? What would you say if someone guaranteed your gout symptoms would vanish in 2 hours? No more pain, no more stiffness, no more throbbing! Baton Publishing Inc., a leading natural health company which specializes in home remedies and natural cures, guarantees a natural cure for gout symptoms in less than 2 hours. This is what one of our readers has to say:
“Hi, I recently tried your natural remedy for a reoccurring gout episode. I started the remedy on Friday night and by early Saturday my gout symptoms were completely gone! Incredible! I plan to continue with your suggestions”
Now, picture yourself worry-free, pain-free and enjoying life again. You are only two hours away? Please visit our natural treatment for gout website and treat your gout naturally… guaranteed!